Transforming My Hobby Into A Business On doodem!

Transforming My Hobby Into A Business On doodem!

Hello! To everyone who has taken a chance to read my blog, Thanks! As I write this blog, my design has been picked by Delpozo and is on its way to the stores this Fall. But how did a small-time college student make it to the big leagues? I owe my thanks to doodem. Let me share with you how doodem helped me grow as a successful freelance fashion designer.



How It Started:

My experience with doodem in the initial days was similar to any typical social media platform. Signing up and creating my profile was easy. What enlightened me was a separate option that let me choose what I was “interested in”. I chose ‘Paintings’ as I wanted to exhibit my art. My art mostly consisted of abstracts and concepts of dress designed for models. It was a hobby I pursued from college, which gained me quite a popularity. Initially, I was posting once a day and sometimes twice. Even with that, my follower base increased day-by-day. Slowly I noticed my art getting likes and comments from similar artists like me. This motivated me to continue on doodem.

Hobby Turned Into Side Hustle:

When I created a profile, there was a feature to link my bank account. Little did I know I would actually rack up real money. As my follower base expanded to more than five hundred, a few art lovers rewarded my post with actual money. I received a notification that mentioned someone paid me a “tip”, I was taken aback. It was 5 euros. I couldn’t believe my own eyes. Doodem allows other users to reward your content with money through this feature called Tips, where the followers may choose how much to send to the artist as a token of appreciation. In a week, I was able to make twenty-something euros just through tips.

The next week, I tried to do something different. The Subscription feature in doodem lets creators switch their posts to private mode. These posts can only be viewed by followers who buy the subscription. This was the turning point in my life where I began painting the best concepts for designer clothing. They were part of my exclusive content. Two weeks later, I received my first subscription from one of my followers who actively followed my posts. Doodem allowed me to set my own price for the subscription. I understood this was not the case with other popular content sharing platforms. By the end of the month, there were five loyal subscribers who paid me 200 euros in total. This transformed my hobby into a side hustle. Now I have begun paying my student loans, thanks to doodem.

Conclusion

Doodem has changed my life for the better in a very short span of time. Its features are designed to support and promote artists’ work. It offers a pedestal for content creators from all streams to showcase their content, promote them, and monetize them effectively. I would recommend doodem to every single independent artist out there. Sign up and make the most of doodem right away.


Comments